PyLadies Grand Rapids is excited to announce Represent!, our Scholarship program, to support and empower people from under-represented groups aspiring to become professional software engineers.
We are an international mentorship group with a focus on helping more women become active participants and leaders in the Python open-source community. Our mission is to promote, educate and advance a diverse Python community through outreach, education, conferences, events and social gatherings.
PyLadies also aims to provide a friendly support network for women and a bridge to the larger Python world. Anyone with an interest in Python is encouraged to participate!
PyLadies Grand Rapids Goals
- To help increase the presence of women and individuals from underrepresented groups in the tech field
- To create a safe, non-threatening environment in the local tech communities
- To build a self-sustainable community where students become mentors
Who is this Scholarship for?
Including but is not limited to:
- People in socioeconomically suppressed communities looking to enrich their skill set or change careers
- People already in a tech field that need this scholarship for professional development
- Students that desire to learn more in order to help their educational experience
About the Scholarship
Our recent Django Girls Workshop was such a success and inspired so many people that an anonymous donor wanted to continue building this energy of the workshop. They stepped up to donate funds to support our members on their programming journeys. A huge thank you to this person, and all those that give back to our community.
Applications will be accepted until May 31st, 2018 and we will announce the recipients on June 18th, 2018.
Recipients will have up to one year to utilize the scholarship funds.
Recipients will be required to write a summary about their experience, what they used the scholarship for, and how it benefited them.